Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MOTHER'S DAY

So this post is a few days late - but that's okay. My morning started with hearing Kev's alarm clock go off so we could get up and get ready for Church. While he jumped into the shower I snuggled down under my flannel sheets to get a few more minutes of peace and quiet. I heard a door shut in the back of the house where the kids room are and knew someone was awake. Pretty soon I looked up and there standing in the doorway was Cooper. In his hands he had a presents and a card to give me and on his face was the biggest grin I have ever seen. He told me to open them and was so excited he could hardly hold still. I asked if we should wait for everyone else, but knew the answer I was going to get.

So he handed me this card with this cute poem on it he did at preschool:

MY MUMMY CUDDLES ME

My mummy cuddles me
Kisses me, hugs me and misses me

Pampers me, praises me,
Always amazes me

Washes my clothes for me,
Tickles my toes for me,
Giggles and talks with me,
And also goes on walks with me,

Says "sweet dreams" to me,
Sings sweet songs to me,

I am glad she belongs to me....

Love from,
Cooper

Then he handed me the little gift he bought from the Mother's day stall at school. It was a gold heart shaped box and inside I found a blue wash cloth, a purple bar of soap, and a candle. He was so excited and kept telling me that he knew I would love the soap and the heart shaped box, and that I needed to keep the box forever. I was so touched by the evidence of his love for me.

By this time Kev had exited the bathroom and was laughing at the scene he found on our bed. Cooper had to show him everything again and tell him all about it. Cooper then handed me another package and inside there was a gift that he had helped his dad pick out for Rylee to give me. It was a pretty necklace made out of a sea shell.

Madi came in soon after this and gave me her presents she had bought at her Mother's day stall. She had picked out a white hand towel with little pink flowers on it and a padded hanger. It is so fun to see what they picked out for me and to know that they thought about it and got what they thought I would like best. She also gave me a card with cats on it - because she thought I would like cats, but really it is because she likes cats. Inside she had written:

My friend
Only you
The best mom
Hugs and kisses
Excellent mum
Roses for you

I love you! Happy Mother's Day! Love, Madi

On the back she drew a picture of my under a rainbow. How sweet is that?

I then got a bowl of cereal (the last of the Honey Bunch of Oats Linda had sent) in bed before I too had to get ready for Church. We had to be early because the Primary children were singing a song for prelude before the meeting started. The song went well and they kids sounded good.

I had suggested to the bishopric that it would be nice if all of the women could attend Relief Society on Mother's Day. The bishop liked the idea and I planned out how we could accomplish this. We had all the classes meet during the first hour and then the Elder's Quorum took over for Sharing Time during RS. I felt bad when it turned out that the 1st counselor in EQ would be in charge - this was Kevin. He took it on without complaining and even seemed excited to do it. I found a Cranium game online and printed everything out. We planned everything on Saturday and got it all ready. It was a huge success and it was nice to go to RS and learn from the sisters in the ward.

Kev was so wonderful, he also made dinner that night. He asked what I wanted and I told him yummy potatoes and meat loaf - but I knew he didn't know how to make them. He told me he could follow a recipe so that is what he made. It was tasty too. Now that I know he can make them he may be in charge of that meal more often!

We called and talked to Susan on Sunday and wished her happy mother's day early. It was nice to see them on the web cam and the kids all had a good talk with them too. On Monday morning I called and talked to my mom too. Mother's are so wonderful! I love my mom and Susan so much, they have taught me so much by example and have loved me for who I am. Love you!

1 comment:

sirpa said...

In our ward here in Espoo the brethren have been in charge of primary on mother's day for a long time. I think it's a nice tradition. this year the young men took over the sharing time. I thought it was cute, but have no idea how it went. Okay, I suppose. Maybe you started a new tradition in Normanhurst, Stace!