Saturday, May 10, 2008

CHOCOLATE COVERED CINAMMON BEARS....

I had a craving a for about a month and a half which was satisfied this week. It all began when I received an e-mail from BYU bookstore telling me that if I bought anything I could get a free t-shirt. I had to go and take a look. The t-shirts were men's sizes and I was debating whether I wanted to get one. I was browsing through the shop and saw chocolate covered cinnamon bears - yummy!!! My mouth started watering just thinking about them. I even considered paying the shipping and the outrageous price for the small bit they sent you just to have them - forget the t-shirt. However, I decided against it.


Well they never left my mind and I even posted about it on my Facebook page. Then a few weeks ago we were talking to Kevin's sister, Linda, and her family on the web cam and they asked if we wanted anything from the States. I jokingly said that I wanted chocolate covered cinnamon bears. We discussed that the chocolate would probably melt in shipping. I solved that problem by telling them just to send cinnamon bears and I would put chocolate on them myself. This week a package arrived just for me! Inside were cinnamon bears and Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds (my favorite cereal). Thanks so much Linda!
Here are my cinnamon bears lined up and ready for a dip in the chocolate.
+ = mouth watering goodness!


The craving was finally filled. We ate them all within three days.
I also have some very crazy friends. They saw my craving on Facebook and decided to buy me some chocolate covered cinnamon bears. However, when they took the 3/4 of a pound to the post office and found out it would cost about $40 to send and the deal was off. They took them home and ate them in my memory. I guess my friendship has a price tag - anything under $40. LOL!! I thought that was very sweet. I have also had several friends on my Facebook leave me messages telling me that they ate chocolate covered cinnamon bears and thought of me. I am so proud that you are all thinking about me when you are eating such a delicious treat! I feel so honored!
If you ever are at a loss as to what to send me now you know something - as long as it is under $40 of course!

3 comments:

Lisha said...

Ooooey, gooey, yummy, chewy!!

Carli said...

A craving must be satisfied my girl - good on you for improvising with the ingredients - YUM!

Suzi said...

I must say these look absolutely.... revolting. Though I hope you enjoy every spicy chewy mouth full!

gummies are great :o)