Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CALVIN & HOBBES

Kev loves Calvin & Hobbes. Before we were even married he had three books full of the comic strip and we have been hauling them around everywhere we go. Finally he has two people who love to hear them. It makes me laugh everytime the kids pick Calvin and Hobbes for their bedtime story. Kev reads it and he laughs and there is one of two reactions from the kids 1) No laughter at all or 2) polite laughter because they don't want to be left out of the joke. They just don't quite get the comic yet, or it has to be explained too much so it isn't as funny. Someday Kev, someday, they will laugh with you!!!

7 comments:

Melissa Giles said...

Hey, I LOVE Calvin & Hobbs.

mintifresh said...

I have 3 calvin and hobbes books, too! I think Bill Waterson is a genius!! Best comic strip ever!!!

LaNae said...

Brendan is a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan. I mean huge! I bet he has at least 8-9 books of them. He can quote Calvin and Hobbes. Every time we get a book order from school, he looks to see if there is a book in it that he doesn't have yet. Huge fan, I mean huge!

Brandon and Julie said...

I love that they laugh politely, love it

Carli said...

Not long till you go now Stacy!!!

Stacy said...

I know Carli - I am so excited!!!

Shelley Fairbanks said...

We have two Calvin & Hobbs books we've been carting around for 14 years now. Our kids haven't discovered them yet, but they're on the bookshelf in the office just waiting for curious minds.