Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SIMPLE PLEASURES

Yesterday was a beautiful day - not only was the weather perfect, but it was a day was as well. Rylee and I went out for a little walk up and down our street before lunch and her nap. The trees are starting to blossom and the signs of spring are upon us. I love spring - my favorite time of year. I love the temperatures and the blossoms. I love the feeling of everything being fresh and clean and new. It isn't quite as big of a change here where you aren't waiting for the snow to melt and the grass to turn green instead of death yellow - but it is still a perfect time of year!I am not sure what these flowers are on this vine - but they smell yummy, and are right next to the clothes line so the clothes smell nice too!

Rylee found some water running down the gutter and spent a long time splashing in it. She is so good at reminding me to take time to enjoy the simple things. I actually enjoy the time that I get to spend just with her while the others are at school.
After school we did bubbles in the backyard.
For FHE we opened up our praise box to see what was inside. The kids had permanent smiles on their faces as we read the notes that were written. We talked about how good you feel when someone tells you what you have done well and we decided as a family to do it again. Then we had banana splits - this is the third night in a row we have had them. Reminds me a bit of home and Leatherby's! The bananas and ice cream are gone now....
The kids and Kev then got out the gummy teeth that Madi gave Kev for father's day - who could resist this shot?
I was reminded yesterday that life is short and that we really do need to take time to enjoy every possible moment we have together. You never know what could happen or what stress may come your way. So I encourage all of you - take time to have a great day and look out for those simple things around you to enjoy!

3 comments:

sirpa said...

The aussie spring is amazing with all the blooming flowers! I'd trade the aussie spring for ours in a heartbeat. Here it takes so long for anything to grow, let alone bloom! It'll be almost autumn again before you get any blossoms, if you're lucky to get them at all...

Carli said...

There are intricate delicate beauties all around us (we just have to look!!)

Anonymous said...

those little flowers are jasmine.