Thursday, September 25, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it....

Only a week until Rylee and I take our long trip home. I am excited and a bit nervous about the long plane ride alone, going through customs with my luggage and Rylee, and finding the right gate for my connecting flight to SLC. I know I am a big girl, but I have actually never flown alone so it scares me a bit. Someone told me to pinch Rylee when we get in line to go through customs - then maybe they would move us to the front of the line, LOL!!

Although that part makes me nervous I am so excited to go home and see family and friends. Kev is a little nervous that I won't be coming back. I have a list of things to stock up on and a list of eating establishments that I have missed (I may come back a few pounds heavier). My calendar is full of lunch dates and dinner dates, visits with friends, and family functions. I originally thought three weeks would be too long - now I am not sure I can fit everything in. I am actually feeling loved because so many people want to see me while I am there - although I know that the truth is they want to see Rylee, she is adorable after all.

My list of things to do before next week is slowly getting smaller - these are still the things that need to be done:

  1. Write the Primary program - 90% done
  2. Get the parts all ready to hand out
  3. Get the next quarterly activity underway - good thing I have excellent counselors
  4. Set up play dates for the two kiddos - got a few done.
  5. Write a list of numbers down for Kev
  6. Explain to Kev how to do the laundry
  7. Stock up the cupboards and fridge
  8. Type up a list of important school things to remember - library day is Tuesday, what can and can't be taken for lunch and morning tea, sports uniform on Friday, etc
  9. Move some scrap kits to my thumb drive so I can take them with me - the hard drive is staying behind.
  10. Back-up my layouts and pictures on DVDs to take and leave with our storage items
  11. Entertain the kids for the first week of school holidays
  12. Pack and make sure the suitcases are slightly empty so we can bring stuff back.

I am sure I will get it all done and be fine - but as of now I look at that list and feel a bit overwhelmed. It will all be worth it though when I fly over the Wasatch Mountains and see many familiar faces. I can't wait!!

7 comments:

Janae said...

Yeah! Only a week thats not long at all.

Deb said...

That is quite the list. Hope that you get everything done. If you get a free minute while you are here, I would love to have lunch with you, or a play date for Riley.

sirpa said...

I'm so happy for you Stacy! It must be exciting to go back and see everyone. Hope you have a safe flight and everything goes well with you

Becca Jane said...

Hey Stacy, this is Becca Wood, from our old WJ ward! So fun to find your blog! I'm glad things are going well for you guys, Rylee is so cute (and so big!).

Brooklyn said...

I can`t believe it it`s going to be so fun!!!!!!!PS.Rylee is so cute and so big!

Brooklyn said...

oh and why doest madi blog anymore

Brandon and Julie said...

YAHOO! We are so excited to see you guys. We only have to go through the weekend and then wait for Friday to see you. Make sure you call when you get to Mom's and we will come right over. YAHOO, YAHOO, YAHOO!!!!!