Sunday, September 7, 2008

"HELLO! My name is Inigo Montoya....

...you killed my father, prepare to die!"


I love, love, love the Princess Bride. When I was a kid one summer my sister Wendy watched that movie at least once a day for the entire three months. Needless to say my entire family has the movie memorized and it is even used in normal conversation when we are together.

So, why am I telling you all this? Well, since coming to Australia Kevin and I have started watching Criminal Minds. In the early seasons there was an actor in the show named, Mandy Patinkin. I have been telling Kev for months that he is Inigo Montoya and Kev continually tells me "there is no way!" Tonight we are watching Criminal Minds and I happen to have the computer on my lap so I googled Princess Bride and indeed he is the same man!!!
I WAS RIGHT!!!!

6 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

Have you ever heard him sing?????? He has a voice that rivals Josh Groban....almost. But really he has an amazing voice too.

Melissa Giles said...

Oh my word.... our family loves Princess Bride too! We quote it all the time... Briant thinks we are all just a little off sometimes, but we can't help it cuz we love it.

Lisha said...

That's funny, I saw a show the other night (some other crime show) with the guy in it who played Westley (Carey Elwes) I'm afraid he didn't look as hot as in the Princess Bride :+(

Mari said...

I love "Princess Bride"! and Mandy Patinkin... loved him in "Yentl" and "Chicago Hope". I seem to remember he plays the sax as well. All round very clever guy!

Luvnbnamom said...

The girls have been getting into princess bride latley too! They love that movie and Annie! Doesnt kev know by now that the woman is always right! lol

mintifresh said...

Hi! It's Mindi! You want to really blow your mindi about mandy-He's also in "Elmo In Grouchland"! He's the bad guy and he even sings! Everyone is so cute and grown up!