Monday, September 22, 2008

Computers and hard drives

Thank goodness for my computer. I realized a few months ago that I have never been this attached to the computer before. Although we have always had a computer in our home it spent a lot of time turned off before and I checked my e-mail maybe once a week. Not anymore. I now have a love/hate relationship with my computer. I love it when it works perfectly and hate it when I can't figure things out. I love to get e-mails and I check my inbox at least once a day. I love to update my blog and I love to read the comments. Since starting digital I scrapbook at least one page a day - not always, but most of the time. I wait until the kids go to bed and then it is my time to be creative and enter my own world. I have become more attached to my computer and the internet than I ever thought I would be.

So yesterday when I went to open up a file on my hard drive and it wasn't reading I panicked. Kev was at meetings and I was going to do a little scrapbooking while the kids were resting. Scrapbooking is after all my personal family history and a fabulous Sunday activity. You see on my hard drive is all my scrapbooking files, papers, embellishments, alphas, etc. Not only the stuff I use to create my pages, but the pages themselves are stored on the hard drive, along with all my pictures. I kept thinking that I had lost it all somehow. The crazy thing is that I was going to back it all up this week on DVDs to take with me and leave at my mother-in-law's house just to have a back up of all my stuff. When Kev came home I told him it wasn't working. After playing around for a bit and hooking up my hard drive to the other laptop it was determined that it wasn't my hard drive but the computer that was having a problem. Good thing to because Kev says he can figure out the computer but he is no good at retrieving things from a crashed hard drive. After playing around on the computer for a bit he got it to work as well.

Thanks to my amazing husband I can continue my scrapbooking addiction and nothing is lost!!! He is amazing and I don't know what I would do without him!!

Also some more exciting news that has to do with scrapbooking - kind-of. I am getting a new camera. After doing a bit of research, asking lots of people, and holding a bunch of cameras I decided on the Nikon D40. It is an SLR camera which makes me very happy!!! It is being shipped to my in-laws as we speak and hopefully will be waiting for me when I arrive!!! I am forgoing any Christmas and birthday presents this year but can't wait to play around and get fantastic pictures to scrapbook.

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

That camera looks awesome!! You really take some great pictures! I just got a new camera myself but its nothing like that! Have fun with it!

Deb said...

I have that same love-hate relationship with computers. Thank heaven there are people out there that have the talent to fix them! Hope you don't mind that I found your blog. I am sort of a blog stalker.

Lisha said...

Yes I'm addicted to blogging at the moment and I just love it when people leave me comments. That is a cool camera, have fun with it and take lots of pics when your home so we can see what it looks like.