Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DO I LIVE ON MARS?

I stole this picture off of my friend Carli's blog because I didn't take any pictures this morning - still kicking myself in the butt for that one.
This is what we woke up to this morning. It was so strange. It felt like life on Mars. The wind blew all night long and this is what it brought with it. Dust from the outback ventured it's way into the big city. I felt like I was back in Eagle Mountain, Utah. A small town where we bought our first house. A town where the dust storms would come out of nowhere and last for days. You could see the entire city centered covered in a dust cloud from the highway. The dust seeping into every crack and crevice in the house leaving a fine layer of grittiness in it's wake. The air had the taste of the earth.
This is what it felt like today - except that dust was red so it was also a bit creepy.

2 comments:

AmyG said...

I saw this on the news. What an eerie picture. I guess we did have some pretty wild dust storms in Eagle Mountain, but they seem pretty mild compared to that red dust. Hope is passes soon!

Heather said...

Wow! I saw that too-can't believe how red/orange it is!