Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SLUMBER PARTY

You only turn 8 once.
It is a special number.
In our religion it is the age where you get baptized and become a member of the Church. You also receive the Holy Ghost. It is a special birthday to remember.
That's partly the reason I gave in to a slumber party last weekend. I figured four girls couldn't be that bad and we could survive the night. We did survive. There was a lot of squealing, giggling, and laughing. They all seemed to have a good time.
It all started before the party was to begin. I kept getting calls from moms saying, "My daughter is so excited can she just come now?" Sure! Why not!
We started out with making our own personal pizzas and birthday cake.
After a few games it was movie time. We got the mattresses out and set up the sleeping bags.

The girls, and Cooper, watched Enchanted and oohed and aahed at the end when they all live happily ever after. Then it was time for bed. We told them they could whisper but needed to try and go to sleep. Yeah right! We had to remind them countless times not to be crazy and to calm down. I remember being at sleep overs when I was a kid - this is so normal and I have so many fond memories of sleep overs with friends. At about 10:30 they finally all went to sleep. Unfortunately they also woke up at 6am the next day. Don't they realize that Saturday is a sleep in day? They will learn that soon I am sure!

4 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

Oh slumber parties, sounds like it was lots of fun. Cooper didn't seem to mind all the girls or the movie.

He sounds like you have another visitor coming, did you have your week off.

Thanks for reminding me I called the bird the wrong name, and I shrink all of my pictures , so it only takes a minute for pictures to download.

Luvnbnamom said...

Okay I am so impressed with that cute cake! Im also impressed you surrvived with that many girls! Good Job! Im glad Maddie had a wonderful Birthday!

mintifresh said...

i think that is a great idea for an 8 year old party. We don't do sleepovers so that would be a fun and special thing to do-cheap, too! ;)

Mari said...

Sleepover birthday parties are the best!!! Sounds like they had a blast!