Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grocery Shopping - UGH!

I HATE IT!!! There I said it out loud. I hate grocery shopping. I wait until I have absolutely no more food in the house before I venture out. It is a pain in my tushie!
Getting Rylee to stay in the cart without a fight is a pain in and of itself. She wants to walk by herself. Sorry girlfriend! I don't have all day.
Then there is the point where they tell me the total. UGH!!! It is so expensive to feed a family of five in Sydney. I guess maybe I shouldn't buy so many fresh fruits and veggies. Less milk. More bubbles would be cheaper.
The shopping carts (or trolley sorry) here drive me crazy. All four wheels move. WHAT!!! Make two of them lock. The cart moves so much better and easier. I always end up fighting the cart all the way to the car. I am sure onlookers in their car are wondering what is going on with me. The shopping cart has won a few times and has hit other cars - OOPS! Sorry! Not my fault the shopping cart has a mind of it's own.
Obviously you can tell I ventured out to the grocery store today. My family will be happy. Another trip down - thousands left to go.

3 comments:

Suzi said...

I'll do it for you! That's if you'll go clothes shopping for me - hate that!

Jones Fam said...

I hear you on the locking wheels--I wanted to go over to Foodland in the middle of the night and weld their back wheels straight. Nothing worse than a trolley going sideways down the ramp to the parking lot or into the elevator or whatever weird thing they might have at the shops!

Cindy Staley said...

LOL, You are hilarious! I experienced those trolley's in the UK and they drove me nuts!!! And that was without kids! So sorry!!