Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WICKED!!

I have had an itching to go see Wicked ever since I heard about it. I didn't think I would get the chance to see it for a long time. So I was surprised when Kev came home one day a few months ago and said, "I am taking you to see Wicked for our anniversary!" I was thrilled. Last Friday night, September 11th, we went on a belated anniversary date to see Wicked.
Since Kyle decided to come and visit we got him a ticket as well. He was sitting a few rows behind us.
We started with Japanese food. It was so nice to get dressed up and have a night on the town with my favorite man - and Kyle. It was fun to have him along as well. No one telling me that they don't like their food. No one throwing food on the ground. Best of all I got to eat my food at my own pace and while it was hot.

Then we took some funny pictures. Kyle even got in on the act - after a little convincing.

My critique of Wicked? It was wickedly AWESOME!!! I LOVED it! The lines were witty and clever. The costumes were wonderful. The story line was easy to follow and flowed really well. I am a sucker for a good musical. I think it stems from all the musicals I watched with my dad growing up. This one was so unique and clever. I am amazed at the talented people out there with creative brains. People who can take a beloved musical such as the Wizard of Oz and create such a clever spin off. I was happy about the ending and glad that all works out for the Wicked Witch - who apparently isn't so wicked after all. Not only was the story line good, but so was the music. I LOVED it!

If you get a chance to go see Wicked do it! Don't hesitate! Just go! It is worth it! At least that is my opinion!

1 comment:

Dera said...

Lucky girl. Chelsea really wanted to go for her b-day, but I couldn't get tickets. I told Mark that Chelsea and I want to fly somewhere to see it.