Monday, September 28, 2009

LOST

My voice is lost. I got sick at the beginning of last week with the flu. My body ached so badly for a few days and then the body aches went away, but the sinus stuff stayed around. On Saturday night I went out with some friends for a b-day party (more on that later when I get the energy to get the photos off my camera) and my voice started to go a bit.

I went to Church yesterday not feeling 100%. By the end of Church I was croaking even more. As Cooper told me, "Mom, why does your voice sound so funny? You know my teacher always says when your voice sounds like that you have a frog in there." Yep, that's it there is a frog in there taking away my voice. I wish he would give it back.

This morning I woke up and not much sound is coming out at all. I have completely lost my voice. I still have a head cold and am not feeling very good and to top it all off I am having the hardest time making even the smallest sound come out. I am a bit frustrated with being sick for so long, but because I am trying to look on the bright side I have thought of some positives about loosing my voice:

1. I didn't have to do anything in Primary yesterday. I made copies. Somebody has to do it.
2. The look on Rylee's face every time I talk to her. Today she keeps telling me I need to just talk. Sorry kiddo - my whisper is as good as it gets.
3. Madi and Cooper are quieter - they have to be to hear my answers.
4. I am sure Kev likes it that he doesn't have to listen to my ramblings.
5. You are supposed to whisper in Church anyway - I got that covered!
6. Can't answer the phone. So don't call me! That's fine by me I am not a huge fan of talking on the phone anyway.

The bad things
1. My throat hurts and I feel like I am yelling even though only a whisper comes out.
2. I couldn't sing in Church yesterday. I miss singing the Primary songs.


I guess there are more good things than bad. Maybe loosing your voice isn't so bad. No really, I want it back. That frog needs to return my voice. I miss hearing it.

5 comments:

Mari said...

Hope you feel better and that the frog returns your voice asap!

Deb said...

Sad! Hope you feel better soon.

Janae said...

I feel for you. I have not been feeling so great either. I think I am starting to loose my voice now. Maybe that means you will get yours back.

Heather said...

I feel your pain. I used to loose it 1 or 2 times EVERY year when I was teaching kindergarten! I don't think I've lost it since I quit. Rest up and you'll be better before you know it!

Luvnbnamom said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon! :)