Thursday, October 4, 2007

OUR FIRST DATE IN SYDNEY - AND IT WAS A GOOD ONE!!!

Last week I received this message in my in-box:


Stace,
You will be going on a date with me on Wednesday night (October 3rd) -- not negotiable!
I can't tell you what it is or where we are going because it is a surprise, so don't ask.
Basically it would be at night. I will need you to catch the train and meet me at the town hall station around 6 or 6:30. I know this is a lot to ask but, believe me, it will be worth it.
Kev


When he got home from work I asked for hints - which he wouldn't give. I started guessing random things, not thinking I would get it. I jokingly said I bet it is Josh Groban at the Opera House! :) I had guessed it!!! I had been listening to his CD earlier that day so I guess he was in my head. The Hutchinsons always comment on how I don't really react to things that are exciting or a surprise or anything. I guess I don't jump up and down enough. Kev was thinking that this might be the time. Sorry to disappoint him - I guess I am quiet and hold all the excitement in like my dad. But I was super excited and was bursting inside! Oh, how I love Josh Groban. WHAT A VOICE!!!


The next night my visiting teachers were coming so I asked them about a good babysitter. Caroline told me that she wasn't doing anything and would love to come and help out! She is so awesome! So we were all set for a babysitter - that is the hardest part right?!


Wednesday came and I was so excited all day - if anything a date is so awesome, without the kids for one night. Dinner without someone saying "I don't like this", "Give me only what I like mommy." You know what I mean. I was nervous about catching the train by myself - usually Kev is with me. The trains were running a little late due to bush fires at the end of one of the lines, but I finally made it downtown and met Kev. We caught another train to Circular Quay and walked to the Opera House from there. We had dinner at a little cafe inside the Opera House and headed for our seats. The Opera House is really cool inside. There are lots and lots of stairs and you can look out the huge windows right to the Harbor. I have wanted to go inside and look around and now I can say I have seen a concert there!!

The picture really doesn't do it justice.

We had to sit through the first act - whom neither of us really liked and had never heard of. Her music was very different and she "howled" a lot (as Kev said) with her high range. I was just waiting for Josh Groban. After the first act we had to wait another 20 minutes for them to clear off the stage - I always hate this part. Why can't you just see the person you paid to see? Just my opinion. "Joshie Boy" (as Jules would say) finally sang his first note, and Kev says that he wishes he had the camera out to capture the grin from ear to ear on my face.



He got it out later to take some pictures for me!!

This one Kev took off of the big screen above the stage so I could have a nice, clear shot!!



The violinist as awesome. She is a bit hard to see in this picture - sorry. Besides the backless, sleeveless, low front number she was wearing, I could see my little sister Julie up there playing her violin with Josh Groban. (Jules - keep practicing. That could be you some day! I know you would love it!) She was so awesome. I thought it was funny that she did the whole concert without shoes.





Here is a clip of one of my favorite songs. I was glad that he only used the piano. You can really hear his voice and the piano is so great!! I love this song!! Okay, I guess I really love all of his songs! He ended up doing three encores before everyone finally decided to pack up and leave (me included). I gave him a standing ovation every time!!

The show was great! What an great time out without kids! Kev is so awesome! Going to the concert made me like Josh Groban even more. He is so funny! He is also just a good guy - that was obvious. He played off of the audience and was very charismatic. Plus, THAT VOICE!!! Have I mentioned that? I told Kev that I dream of him with that voice and it makes him the perfect guy!! LOL!!

If you ever get a chance to see him in concert - jump on it. I have been to a few concerts before (not many), but this was by far my favorite. It didn't have as many bells and whistles and so much going on. You could really focus on the music and the music is good! I also think that it helped to see it in the Opera House. That place is built to have music sung in it. The acoustics were fabulous!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you guys had such a fun time! I am jelous...I would love to get out for one night without kids! lol

Rikke

Brandon and Julie said...

Stace~
If only I could be that could it would be amazing, i would love to play with Rascal flatts. p.s. There new CD just came out. I am so gald that you two got to go out, that sounds like it was so fun. Kev, good work on the surprise, that she some how guessed.

Stacy said...

Can you get me that CD? I would love it! Thanks!!

You are that good - just believe! Practice, practice, practice and you can do anything you want to do!!! I am not sure I would want to do the tour thing though - what do you think?

Travis said...

Oh sounds like it was loads of fun! Nice work on the surprise, maybe you could send some "surprise your wife vibes" Travis' way!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Awesome!!! Kev you are the best!!! Wish I could have been there. Seriously what a great thing for you. Thanks Kev for taking such good care of Stacy. Mom

Travis said...

Josh Groban? Who likes Josh Groban? Okay I never listened to the guy, so I don't know if he is good or not. I have heard good things about him though. I'm glad you got to go into the opera house.
Travis