Sunday, October 14, 2007

WAR WOUND

Thursday we went to the park for play date and while there Cooper came up to me crying. He told me that he fell down and hurt himself. When I tell you the next part I have to defend myself first. Usually Cooper cries about every little scratch and scrap. I keep telling him that he needs to be tough and that he is okay. So this is what I proceeded to tell him. I then looked closer and realized that he really had hurt himself and he was bleeding. He had falled down while running with Madi and another little boy in the ward. He has road rash on his face. He really was fine, but I felt bad for not noticing right away. I gave him a kiss and he was on his way. I guess it is a little like the boy who cried wolf. How am I supposed to know he is really hurt when he cries like he is dying with every little bump?

1 comment:

Bess said...

I totally understand. Harriett is the biggest Cry Wolf girl in the world. I swear her arm could get chopped off and I wouldn't know the difference between that and tripping over her feet. (something she does a few times a day yet it still sounds like she is dying every time she does it)