Sunday, November 4, 2007

8 things you may not know about me... (Kev)

OK, apparently I have been tagged by both Stacy and Chelsea. Chelsea did it a while ago and I have to blame it on Stacy! I have been waiting for 5 minutes where I could get on the computer but Stacy wouldn't let me get on! I kept telling her that I have to answer Chelsea's 'tag' question but she was being whingy (Ornery is not a word that they understand in Australia!) and wouldn't let me. [Ha ha -- Just kiddin' Stace! Sorry Chelsea, I am really just a slacker!]

I will answer Chelsea's 'tag' first since I was so rude to make her wait for so long to get a reply! So here it goes... wish me luck!

4 jobs I've had:
#1- Construction: Mostly sofit, facia, and siding. This was during the summers in high school. I was fortunate enough to do it with Kelly Newman! I still remember shooting the nails from the nail guns at the wasps that were attacking us! We are just lucky we are still alive!

#2- Toy Shop: Yes this was one of the funnest and worst jobs that I ever had -- all in one! During the normal (non-peak) season we got to play with the toys in the aisles when there weren't any customers around. It was fun. HOWEVER, you will understand my pain when I tell you that the majority of my job was during the Christmas season. TIS' THE SEASON TO HAVE A TISSY... [If there isn't a song by that title there should be]. This is dedicated to all of the parents (mostly mothers) for when you are told by the poor little toy shop worker that they don't have any more of the toy that 'your child' [more like YOU!] need to have for the season to be jolly! Like it's going to help by taking out your frustrations on the 18 year old at the cash register!)

#3- Kev the Copy Maker [Yes, that was my official title :) ]: I think I made about $3.50 an hour in Jr. High working at the copy store. Apparently this store was exempt form paying minimum wage. The best thing about this was all of the R.S. teachers [That is a guess, but I bet I am right] banging on the door, just after locking it at 7PM and yelling that they just need two copies. Then we you have COMPASSION on them and let them in they keep you there until 7:45 or so trying to pick out the best handout!

#4- Slave to 2 girls and a boy! [I am leaving Stacy out of this because I currently don't have a couch to sleep on if I get kicked out of our room!]: Yes, those three would be Madz, Coop, and Rylez. Whaaaaaaaaaa!, Can you play trains with me?, and please dance with me! [Which is soon followed by my toes turning black and blue.] But who can resist, right!

4 movies I could watch over and over
#1- Better Off Dead!
#2- The Matrix Trilogy
#3- The Bourne Trilogy [No, I still haven't seen the last one but I have heard from many that it is the best one of the three so I don't have any problem listing it here.]
#4- Other Clean Comedies! (MP and the HG, Mobsters and Mormons, Princess Bride, etc.)
[I guess that is more than 4 huh! Oh well, I guess no one can stop me from putting them down! Ha! ]

[Intermission -- I guess I need to cut down on the commentating or I will never get this done. [And Stacy wants the computer back! Ha ha! Just kidding.]

4 favorite t.v. shows
#1- Heros
#2- Lost
#3- Criminal Minds
#4- The Chasers War on Everything - This is an Australian comedy show where the people on the show just basically make fun of everything. Ok, I have to tell you about one of the skits on the last show that made me laugh. They wanted to see if they could find a person that would stop for every type of solicitation that was put in front of them. They had a person that almost made it, she accepted all but the last one. The first person that approached her was an American Express solicitor saying, "Would you like a card?" The second person in a shirt, tie, and black name tag said, "Hi, I am from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...!" The third person was dressed as a big koala and said, "I am from the Koala National Wildlife Foundation [or something like that] would you like to donate?' And the last one was a big koala dressed in a shirt, tie, and name tag and said something like, "Hi, I am from the Koala Church of Latter Day Saints. Would you like an American Express card?" At that point the person finally ran away. I think it made it funnier just because they included Amex and our church in the skit. I was laughing out loud, which many of you know does not happen very often.

4 favorite reality shows
#1- Stacy the Super House Wife of Australia! [It's about a lady that can do everything! Even put up with her weird husband that is showing signs of Alzheimer's disease at the age of 31!]
#2- Mad Madz [It's a spoof off the old show Mad Max!]
#3- Coop -- there it is! [It's a show about trains and cars!]
#4- Rylee Smiley! [Need I say more!]


4 of my favorite places I've been
#1- Home!
#2- Australia
#3- Japan
#4- Hong Kong
#4- China
#4- Brazil
#4- England
[I am starting to count like Cooper!]

4 of my favorite foods
#1- Chili's Southwest Tacos [I think that is what they are called.]
#2- Katsudon - Japanese style [Breaded pork with an egg sauce over rice!!!]
#3- Bundagurg Ginger Beer
#4- Tim Tams! [Can't forget those!]

4 websites I check daily
#1- WWW.HUTCHDOWNUNDER.BLOGSPOT.COM [Isn't this on everyone's list though!?!]
#2- www.google.com [I like my iGoogle page that has all my gadgets on it.]
#4- www.stayingsain.com [OK, I am thinking of creating this one so I can go to it every day!]

4 hobbies
#1- Computers
#2- Basketball
#3- Soccer
#4- Kids

4 family and fiends I would like to tag
#1- Madz
#2- Coop
#3- Rylez#
[I just tagged them and they tagged me right back - I guess they don't know how to play!]
#4- Kev W [This just means you will have to come over here and tag me back, since you don't have your own public blog!]

Now for Stacy's tag:
8 Things you didn't know about me!
#1- My best friend'a name is Stacy! [And you all thought she was just my wife.]
#2- I fell through a window when I was 17 and cut through my upper left arm and muscle. I now have a 6 inch scar on my arm as a result. The doctor told me how 'lucky' I was because if the cut had been in any other direction or moved by even 1 cm I would have had permenant damage to my arm.
#3- I am the best singer in the world! [When I am alone in the car and the radio is turned up so high that you can't hear yourself think!]
#4- I took first place in a district school swim meet in high school in the 100m breast stroke.
#5- I still keep in touch with a number of my friends from high school and I love it! They are some of the best people in the world!
#6- My belly button hurts when I stick my finger in it and it has always been that way! [That last part was to fend off all the responses from people that are going to tell me that I need to get that checked out!]
#7- I am not wearing socks right now!
#8- Don't laugh, but some day I would love to write a book. [I don't know what it would be about but I would like to.]

Wow, that was painful! But I am done. I hope you enjoy learning more about me me me!

2 comments:

Travis said...

Hey that was fun, didn't know all those things. Now if I could just get Travis to do this...I might even learn some new things.
in answer to your question, no I didn't skateboard. They tried to teach me, but I never did learn so well.

Jones Fam said...

I might have to try out that belly button thing, Kev!!