Wednesday, November 14, 2007

OUR FIRST VISITOR FROM UTAH!!!

Okay, so Eric really came to Sydney for work - not just to visit us - but we were glad to see him anyway. He came to church with us on Sunday and then stayed for dinner and some tasty Aussie snacks (Tim Tams, ginger beer, and lamington). Also, a big thanks to JoLyn for some great American items that are missed here (dryer sheets, Crisco blocks, and Ranch packets). The kids enjoyed showing Eric their rooms, playing games with him, and talking his ear off. Cooper was especially excited to here that Jared (Eric's 4-year-old son) said "HI!". Since he has more trips here for business we may see him again in the next six months!! Can't wait to have more visitors from home!!!
P.S. Thanks Eric for being a trooper and taking home another suitcase full of Hutchinson stuff.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't have Dryer sheets?! Do you have a dryer? I seem to recall you hanging laundry on a line?

Happy Dad said...

Thank you for taking good care of Eric. It was the first home cooked meal he'd had in three weeks.

Let us know what you need on his next trip in February. Also if anyone would like to send something over to you let us know.

Dera said...

I'm glad that a few of the things in that suitcase are mine. Thanks Stacy.

Stacy said...

To clarify - we do hang up the laundry to dry, but I also have a dryer. The dryer sheets here are like little sponges - it is really hard to explain, they just look really weird to me. Our friends in Adelaide told me I can put stuff in the dryer for a little while with a US dryer sheet and it will be soft and not crusty - I had JoLyn send me some so I could try it and it really works!!!