Monday, November 26, 2007

MORE EVENTS LAST WEEK....

....although we love rivallry week, life does go on. I have been waiting to post because the game poll was so much fun. Thanks to all who played along. It was fun to see the poll change every time we logged on and to read all of the comments. For those of you who are interested to know the end result on the poll: 38 uofu and 36 BYU, plus the comment numbers 4 uofu and 19 for BYU. (if the numbers are wrong you can blame it on Kev he added them up) You all got it right - BYU did win!!! Another good game to go down in history. The last three years have been so much fun - love it when both teams are playing well so we can watch a good game.

Last Tuesday Cooper got to visit his preschool, which he will be beginning in February. I thought this was a great idea. He didn't really want to go and has been a little anxious about going to school and meeting new friends. Going and playing made it all better. He got to see all of the equipment outside, play for an hour, and do an art project (which I think is fabulous). He is now so excited to go to school!! Yeah!!! He will get to go to preschool twice a week, Monday and Tuesday, and he will go to preschool all day (9am to 3pm). We also had to get him a little sleeping bag (it is a sheet sew together to make a little sleeping bag) because they rest for a bit every afternoon. He gets to bring morning tea and lunch, just like Madi. The only problem is that they said you can't bring any peanut butter (due to allergies) - that is all he eats. He told me that just jam sandwiches would probablly be okay. I am so excited to just have Rylee and me for two days a week. Shopping trips will be easier! It will also give Cooper something to do. He waits all day for Madi to come home and play. However, sometimes she comes home and wants to play by herself. She seems to need some down time and she loves to go into her room and write stories, color, and just be creative. I can only play trains for so long and I have other things to do as well. Anyway, preschool is going to be so good for my little man. He needs to make some friends that live close. He is doing well at making new friends at church, but they all live too far away to play with regularly.


This week Madi had penguin day at school. They got to bring a gold coin donation for the zoo, do some penguin activities, and watch Happy Feet. The most exciting part of the whole day was that she got to wear black and white instead of her uniform. She was so excited to wear "normal clothes." Although Madi likes to wear a uniform she gets "bored" wearing the same thing everyday. Who's daughter is this? She is much more "girlie" than I ever was.
Also, Sunday was the Primary Presentation. The kids all worked so hard to do their very best. I was called into the presidency after they had already done most of the work, so I can't really say I did much. They interviewed all of the kids to get their ideas on certain subjects and used that to write the presentation (I thought that was a great idea). The older kids wrote their own talk and they handed out parts to the younger kids. Madi was asked what she would do if she saw Jesus Christ - her part was: "If I saw Jesus Christ I would hug him and kiss him and be reverent to him. I would also make him dinner and set the table for him, and be nice to him." How cool is that? Such a great answer I thought. Cooper's teacher asked all of the Sunbeams what they were grateful for and of course you can probably guess what his answer was: his part was " I am thankful for trains!" All of the other sunbeams said their parents or Jesus -nope he is thankful for his trains. Love that kid. They called a new pianist to primary just a few weeks ago and she was struggling to play the songs so I volunteered my services. She played two songs, one of the primary kids played one, and I played the rest. I also played the organ for the congregational number. I was so nervous, but the girl who usually plays the organ gave me a quick lesson and set all the stops for me. Kev said that it sounded perfect. The only problem is that now people in the ward may think that I actually know how to play the organ - what have I gotten myself into? It was a wonderful presentation and the spirit was so strong - as it usually seems to be when the primary gets up to do anything. Become like a little child right? Does that mean we all have to be thankful for our trains?!

5 comments:

Mari said...

I loved the Primary presentation, and for a short while I was blessed with a glimpse of what Heavenly Father sees when He sees these precious little ones.

Kevin said...

I guess I have to say 'Congrats' to all of you cougs out there that pulled another one out of their hat somehow!

I have to give Kudos to Kevin Worwood who gave a valiant last days effort to put the poll in the U's favor -- but for some reason Stace wouldn't accept Kev's marketing class as a last minute entry no matter how hard I tried to convince her. I guess BYU didn't recognize it either as they ended up winning the game! Too bad... Thanks for the great last minute effort Kev! I couldn't even get most of my family to vote. Jake, did you really not know that we have a blog? Just curious.

It was a fun week though! Loved talking with everyone! Mom, you need to put pictures of the tree on the blog that Linda created!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cooper your artwork is beautiful. You did a smashing job.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Madi, your penquim hat is very cute. You did a nice job. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.