Friday, November 16, 2007

A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL!!!

We got our first packages in the mail this week!!! Madi's came first so I held on to it knowing there was one more coming - I wanted to avoid tears. The next morning I had Cooper check the mail box after coming home from the shops. He took the stuff out and held it behind his back trying to be funny. I saw that it was a box and figured it must be his package so I asked him if any of it had his name on it. He looked at the box and then his eyes lit up and his smile grew so big. He ran inside and was so excited to open it. He guessed that the Warners had probably sent him trains - and he was right. Then he kept saying - "This was just what I wanted they are smarty pants!" He had to call Kev at work of course and tell him all about it! He got Mavis (which is a girl train, but he wants to call it a boy) and the Tonka train has a new name "coconut".

When Madi got home from school I gave her the package I had been holding onto. She was also so excited. She has actually been getting the mail for me after we pull up into the garage from school, and every day she reads the names on the letters. A week ago she said to me, "Gosh, why are they always for Kevin S. Hutchinson?!" I had to laugh at that one. So this time she was excited to see her name on something. Of course Dera hit the nail on the head by giving her pet shops. She did make me laugh when she said, "Mom, I already have these dogs, but can I keep them anyway and have twinners?" Of course you can keep them, we can't return them anywhere. Besides, who can keep track of all the pet shops she owns anyway? She was so excited about the soft penguin which has glasses and sits on a sled.
Thanks again to the Warners for bringing a little happiness to my kids this week. They love you guys and miss you tons!!!

2 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

Yeah for packages, good work Warner's on the package you are so great.

Dera said...

I'm glad that you love the package. We miss you tons and are always thinking of you. Love ya tons. Warners