Wednesday, August 29, 2007

CHINESE GARDEN of FRIENDSHIP

On Saturday, August 25th, Kev went out car shopping and I took the kids to the Chinese Garden of Friendship. It was so pretty and reminded me so much of China when we were there last year. It was very peaceful and beautiful and I can only imagne how it would be in the spring and summer when all of the flowers are blooming.

My favorite part of any Asian garden is the flow and the use of natural elements to create something beautiful.

I told Kev that when we get back to the States and I have my own yard again I want to create something like this in my own backyard. Complete with the lake - jokes and stuff!!

The kids favorite part was the huge cod in the lake. They spent at least 45 minutes watching the fish and naming them. They spent most of that time laying down on a bridge bending over - I was certain that Cooper was going in the drink a few times. I had to apologize to so many people that walked by -most of them just smiled and said "no worries". I figured that they were kids and that they weren't hurting anyone - plus they should enjoy the gardens as much as I do, even if it is for a totally different reason.

CHINESE GARDEN




Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox

No comments: