Thursday, September 27, 2007

"I'M A BIG KID NOW!!"

I HAVE VENTURED OUT TWICE THIS WEEK BY MYSELF - WITH RYLEE AND COOPER ACTUALLY - TO FAR AWAY LANDS (REALLY ONLY CITIES THAT ARE ABOUT A 20 MINUTE DRIVE). A FRIEND OF MINE IN THE WARD IS FROM CANADA, JACKIE, AND HAS ONLY BEEN HERE FOR SIX MONTHS. ON TUESDAY WE DECIDED TO GO TO A PLACE THAT NEITHER OF US HAD BEEN TO VISIT A FREE PETTING ZOO. I ONLY TOOK ONE WRONG TURN (OF COURSE THE GPS HELPS), I ONLY TURNED INTO THE WRONG LANE ONCE, AND I ONLY TURNED ON THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS ONCE. THIS WAS A GOOD DAY!!

THE TODAY, THURSDAY, I WENT TO PLAY DATE AT A PARK BY THE CHURCH. I HAD DRIVEN THERE ONCE BEFORE BUT IT WAS RAINING AND NOBODY WAS THERE TO PLAY SO WE CAME BACK HOME. THE FIRST TIME I WENT I GOT LOST LOTS AND MY JAW WAS KILLING ME WHEN I GOT HOME. I REALIZED THAT I HAD BEEN CLENCHING MY TEETH THE WHOLE TIME I WAS DRIVING. THIS TIME I DIDN'T GET LOST AND DIDN'T EVEN REALLY NEED SUE (THE GPS). I NEVER TURNED INTO THE WRONG LANE AND I ONLY TURNED ON MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS ONCE! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS - THEY ARE NOW WHERE MY BLINKER USED TO BE.

I DRIVE AROUND HOME REALLY FINE NOW. I CAN MAKE IT TO MADI'S SCHOOL AND THE SHOPPING CENTER CLOSE BY WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES (NO WINDSHIELD WIPERS GOING ON WHEN THERE IS NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY). I DON'T SEEM TO MAKE MISTAKES UNLESS I GET LOST OR DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM GOING. IT IS EASY TO REVERT BACK TO WHAT IS NATURAL AND INGRAINED INTO MY HEAD. I STILL GET REALLY NERVOUS ON THE BUSY ROADS BECAUSE THE LANES ARE REALLY NARROW HERE. KEV SAYS THAT THIS WILL CURE MY ANXIETY.

ANYWAY, I JUST HAD TO SHARE BECAUSE I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF. "I'M A BIG KID NOW!!"

5 comments:

Travis said...

When you turn your wipers on, just hit the button for the fluid, then nobody will know you were trying to find your blinker and did it accidentally.

Good job on learning your way around, I have to teach Janae how we do things on the West Side, no more I-15 close by, just Bangerter.
Travis

Stacy said...

Good idea - next time I will get the fluid going too. :)

Kevin said...

Every time I read the title "I'm a big kid now!!" that song form the Huggies commercial goes through my head... "I'm a big kid look what I can do. I can wear bid kid's pants too!"

Travis said...

Thanks for the sweater its super cute! I LOVE it. Now she just needs to grow a little bit so she can wear it.

Brandon and Julie said...

I just love your stories, they make me giggle. I hit the wind sheild wipers sometimes and I feel a little strange and it usually scares me a lot. I am glad it is you and not me though learning to drive on the wrong side of the road, I might just kill someone or myself. And sue would not be able to help me with thate one.