Sunday, April 25, 2010

Basketball - Wednesday Lunch



One of the best friends I have had here is Australia is Tim Baker (#14). A while ago he asked me if I was interested in playing on his Wednesday lunch time basket ball team that played at a gym in the Rocks (about a 10 minute walk from my building).

I was a little hesitant at first because I know I am not as good of a player as he is and knew any team he played on would be a pretty good team. Plus he told me that person I would be replacing was over 6'6" tall. That didn't help.

I decided to do it and I am very grateful that he asked me and that I said yes. I was able to play 4 seasons with them and we won 3 of those seasons. I won't talk much about the season we lost because I still feel like it was my fault we lost. You see, my biggest weakness (and I know it) is lay ups and they are supposed to be the easiest shot. I would much rather take a 10ft turn around jump shot than do a lay up. To make a long story short we were tied with 15 seconds left to go in our semi-final game and I got the ball and missed a lay up. We went into over time and lost. There were other things I did but I won't go into those details.

It really was just a lot of fun! The pictures above are the before this last Wednesday's championship game and after. As you can tell from the trophy we won.

Thanks again Tim for inviting me!


No comments: