Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sick Weekend!

It is 9:40 on Sunday morning, Stacy and the kids are at church, and I am at home trying to rest. Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat and by Friday it was the achy muscles that were getting the better of me - especially my throat. The problem was that I had one of my last presentations I had to give at work on Friday and the kids farewell party we had planned for them was right after school ended.


All was good and the party was fun but by the end of the day I felt exhausted. The other problem was that we had our Elder's quorum activity planned for Saturday morning and we were going fishing. I wasn't about to miss that.

So I went to bed at 9pm (a record for me), got up at 4am and after getting ready felt a little better. I was excited because I was meeting Matt again (last fishing trip) and we were going out earlier than everyone else. I got to his place about 10 to 5 and we were in the water fishing as the sun was coming up (I'll put pictures later).

Anyway, I felt pretty good the whole time were were out. Maybe a little weak but not bad. Then on the way home as I was riding my scooter I started to feel really weak again. I could tell I wasn't over it. I came home and crashed for a little while on the couch. The rest of the day I just felt worn out again.

I kept waking up last night as well and so I decided to stay home from church and rest. What a time to be sick. I just hope that I will be better soon (glad we have a holiday tomorrow - ANZAC Day). I am also hoping that Stace and the kids don't get it either. We would really like to be healthy for the next week and a half ahead of us. There is too much to do to be sick.

1 comment:

sirpa said...

Let's face it Kev, it's never a good time to be sick. At least not for me. There's always something going on that prevents me from being sick :) That's why I'm glad that I hardly ever get sick. Except that now I've had this annoyingly persistent cough and sore throat for over a week :( Hope it'll pass soon. Hope you get well soon too Kev and have a nice trip home!