Monday, April 5, 2010

THE TRUE MEANING OF EASTER

DSC_0091

The Easter bunny did make a stop at our house.

DSC_0143DSC_0149 

We did search for a few of these.

DSC_0155

We also had some people over for a fabulous Easter dinner, including the missionaries and an investigator.  Madi loves Sister Hepworth.  She has been a great example to Madi.  Her mission is coming to an end at the end of this month.  She has been in our ward for half of it.  I love that Madi has seen examples of wonderful sister missionaries.  I am sure that she will remember their examples when the time comes for her to choose whether or not to serve a mission.

DSC_0153

After dinner we did our Easter lesson with our eggs full of things to remind us of the Savior and His sacrifice for us. 

I pondered after everyone had gone home about how I had spend my Easter. 

I spent my Easter Sunday serving those around me.

I wished several time that I was home in Utah listening to General Conference.  I love when it falls on Easter weekend.  We will listen to the first session tonight for FHE and next weekend will be filled with the thoughts of our prophet and apostles.

I was uplifted as I attended my meetings at Church.  Reminded of the little things that we do and the impact they have on those around us.  The Spirit filled my soul.

Although I am far from perfect I do know that when we follow those little thoughts that fill our minds we can make a difference to those around us.  We can leave a lasting impression.  We can become more like our Savior.

The sacrifice He made for me I cannot imagine.  I don’t understand the pain He went through.  I can’t imagine the sacrifices made on my behalf.  I sometimes wonder if I am worthy of those sacrifices.  I sometimes wonder if I have done enough.

Easter is a good time to ponder on these things, but it isn’t the only time of the year I do it.

So although the Easter bunny paid us a visit and we hunted for chocolate eggs and lots of candy.  We also were reminded of what Easter is really about.  A perfect brother who paid the ultimate sacrifice for us all.  A brother whom I want to try and be like.  A brother who knows how I feel.  A brother who hasn’t forgotten me.  A brother who is always there.   

No comments: