Friday, April 9, 2010

WE'RE COMING TO AMERICA!

Now do you have Neil Diamond running through your head?

Kev sent me a message yesterday and told me to listen to something on my computer - this is what started playing. Then he called to tell me that he had been offered a job!!! Yes, this is the job we have been waiting and praying for for the last three or four weeks. It all fell into place - funny how that always happens even if you stress yourself out.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers - even those of you praying that we would stay...LOL!! We have been so blessed. I won't go into to many details, but we got more pay than we expected and a signing bonus which will help with some of the shipping costs. They want him to start in three to four weeks - we are shooting for being in Utah the first part of May. That isn't much time.

We have to sell everything with a plug and a bunch of our other stuff in order to only fill a 20 foot container. Lucky for us we put together a list last weekend of all the things we need to sell. I just have to go through and finish pricing a few things and we can send it around.

I think my life just got really CRAZY!!!

12 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Congratulations Stacy! Your post gave me the chills. I am so happy things worked out although I knew they would. More money and a signing bonus - another miracle for your family. Good luck with everything.

Brittney said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy. I feel like a friend is moving home. We need to double date when you get settled. Congrats to yu and Kev!!!

Janae said...

More pay and a signing bonus...sweet!

AmyG said...

Congratulations! I am so excited that everything worked out. Good luck with the move!

Melissa said...

Yay and congrats!

LaNae said...

Congratulations, Stacy! How exciting for you guys. We'll all have to get together after you are settled.

Kate said...

I am so happy for you, you're going home!! Fantastic news lovely.

Deb said...

Yay! So happy things are falling into place for you guys. We need to get together when you get here. Is this job with AMEX still?

Brandon and Julie said...

Yahoo we are so excited to have you back, we sure have missed you!!!

Luvnbnamom said...

Yay!!! First off Brooklyn is soooo excited...shes been dancing around telling everyone her bestest friend is coming home! lol It seems like it was just yesterday you guys left! What a wonderful adventure you have had...just So excited that you guys are going to be here next month! YAY!

Stutz Family said...

YEAH! What a wonderful experience it has been living in Australia BUT nothing compares to living close to family! I'm excited for you.

Jones Fam said...

Kevin and Stacy -- congrats you guys. What a relief -- funny you mention the stress sore on your lip -- I got one of those too coming back from Oz :) Must be something in the water. Are you still with AmEx -- working downtown? We'll have to get together for lunch!