Sunday, April 25, 2010

EQ Fishing Activity

As I mentioned in one of the earlier posts we had our Elder's Quorum fishing activity on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and I was glad to got to go before we moved home.

Matt and I went early and were on the water fishing just as the sun came up. It was beautiful and the pictures don't do it justice. My camera didn't pick up as much orange as there was.

We ended up with three boats. Matt and Brandon both had boats and we rented a BBQ boat so we could cook some breakfast while we were there.

In the picture blow you can see Dean standing on Brandon's boat. The funny part was that the reason I took this picture is that Brandon's boat was tied to the BBQ boat and the rope broke with no one on it. So dean saved the day by jumping in the water and swimming out to get the boat as it drifted away. You can see the rope dangling off the front.


Here is a picture of me and the flounder I caught. They are the weirdest looking fish! In the picture next to me you can see Dave with Brandon, Mark, and Aaron in the background. I kick myself because I didn't get pictures of everyone there, which I should have done.


Here is Patrick in his cool sunnies! And Brandon ended up catching the biggest fish. He actually caught two of these flat heads and they were about the same size. From the picture below you can see a little better why they call them flat heads. The reason he is holding it with a cloth is that the fins are very pointy and very sharp. There are some interesting fish in the ocean.



Everyone ended up catching some fish but we threw most of them back. Overall it was a great activity and a lot of fun.





No comments: