Tuesday, December 4, 2007

100th post - 100 things about us!

I know you are so excited to read 100 things about us. My friend Mari told me that on your 100th post you have to tell 100 things about yourself. Since Kev contributes a bit to this blog I thought I would get him involved as well (believe me when I tell you he is so excited - not!). Really, I am having him help me because I thought 100 things about myself would be hard to come up with and boring for all of you to read, and you don't want to hear 100 things about both of us (way too much reading). So here it goes (Kev is odds and I am evens):


  1. The reason I am odds is because that is how we choose who prays at night.

  2. I am a bit annal about odd numbers - that is why I get to pray on the even days. Plus there are more odd days in the year than even days.

  3. I am odd!!!!!!!

  4. The first pet I owned was Sugar, our beautiful dog who we miss terribly (thanks Avery for adopting her), and I was 25 when we got her.

  5. I love the sound of thunder and I like watching the lightening (we are having a big thunderstorm right now).

  6. I have a degree in Athletic Training from Brigham Young University (BYU)!!

  7. I have a bachelors in business management with a minor in Japanese and an MBA with an emphasis in information systems from the University of Utah (go UTES)!!

  8. I love to garden and think it is very relaxing - unlike my husband. It is like pulling teeth just to get him to mow the lawn.

  9. I hate to do yard work!!!!!! I am allergic to the grass - but that doesn't seem to matter to my beautiful wife.

  10. I have 20/15 vision.

  11. I have 400+ vision - I am near sided without my glasses or contacts.
    side note: I always think Kev only sees blurriness without his glasses and I ask him what he can see all of the time - he gets a bit annoyed.
  12. I am terrible at remembering names - great with faces but no good with names.
  13. My favorite color is gray.

  14. My favorite color is blue (can't imagine why - go COUGARS!!!).

  15. I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I am right handed.
  16. I love wearing pj's or "comfy clothes" as we like to call them. I stay in them as long as I can in the morning and change at night as soon as possible.
  17. I can't wear my watch on my left hand due to my carpal tunnel in that wrist.

  18. I didn't know that burps smelled bad until after I was married and got one blown in my face by my husband - apparently I missed that one growing up.

  19. I am a teribel speler - Good thing we have speller checker huh!
  20. I am no good at distances of any kind, or big numbers (once there are too many zeros I get so confused). Kev loves to quiz me in the car by asking how far we are away from things in front of us. For example, "Stace, how far away is the stop light?" "Stace, how far away is that blue car up there?" His favorite was when I said 300 yards for a car stopped in front of us at a red light. It is even worse for me now that we are on a different measuring system - it is hopeless. He still quizzes me almost every day!
  21. Sometimes I think I am funny but I am really not! I guess I am good enough to make my kids laugh... well, sometimes! Sometimes Madz just says, "Dad, that's not funny!"

  22. I am no good at raising fish - they always seem to die under my care. Madi even named two of our fish toilet and flush.

  23. I can't stand watching baseball or golf! Like that old commercial used to say, "It's like watching paint dry!"

  24. I love football - I can remember going to BYU games with my dad and watching games on TV with him. He always answered my questions about the rules and what was going on. My brother Robert taught me how to throw the perfect spiral!

  25. In the past couple of years I have developed a new found love for soccer! I don't claim to be good but I just love to play. It is almost to the point where I would rather play soccer than basketball and if you know me that is saying something. Thanks for the introduction Kev W!

  26. Speaking of my brother Robert he also taught me how to punch like a boy and not a girl. This information has come in handy over the years - lol!

  27. Speaking of basketball, even though I love it so much I have never had a coach to tell me what to do or how to play. I have always had to just learn from watching others. It would probably help if I knew more about the rules, huh! (And no, I am not that good at basketball either.)

  28. I was in Madrigals (a small choir) in high school and was even president my senior year.

  29. I was the student body president in high school and the two biggest reasons that people told me they voted for me were (and I am not joking about this); 1) "I voted for you because the other person is a baby, and I don't want a baby to be our president!" 2) I voted for you because you had the best hand outs that I have ever seen. (Those naked trolls were big at the time and I made necklaces out of them and put the following slogan on them, "No BUTTS about it, Kevin for President!")

  30. I went to Ricks College, before it became BYU Idaho, and was just a junior college. Literally some mornings you would walk outside and your nose hairs would freeze together. They never plowed the roads. You would walk to classes and do the shuffle across the street. Soon there would be enough melted on the road for the car tires. I was actually glad I didn't have a car there and didn't have to drive on the ice. I am no good at driving in the snow. Rexburg, Idaho is a cold place to live.

  31. I love to take pictures and would someday like to take a class.

  32. I have lived in Utah most of my life - except for when I went to Ricks and now that I am in Australia. Kev says I am a bit sheltered.

  33. I almost decided to major in art, until I found out that 1 in 400 with that major in college can actually make a living out of it.

  34. I love the mountains - hiking, camping, mountain biking, etc. I love driving in the canyons in the fall to see the leaves!! I also love looking up at the mountains from the valley in the fall and seeing the change of colors! Crunching leaves under your feet - what could be better?

  35. I know Stace want me to do my own and not copy her but I love the mountains too! I love camping, mountain biking, hiking, and fishing.

  36. Although I have lived in Utah my whole life, I have never been skiing or snowboarding. In my defense I don't like to be cold and I am afraid I would break something. Knowing my luck I really would too, or get a concussion like someone I know (Kev).

  37. When I was 30 I went snowboarding with my nephew and tried to ride an S-rail for the first time (In the words of Stacy, "You were trying to act like you were 16!") I fell, hit my head, and got a concussion. I didn't know it at the time but lost my short term memory (diagnosed as per Stace!). I still drove everyone home - down the canyon and along the streets of Salt Lake! Stacy almost killed me for this but in my defense I couldn't remember! Stace even woke me up every hour to look into my eyes and make sure I was still alive! What a good 'Athletic Supporter!' (Oh, I mean Athletic Trainer!)

  38. I hate winter and the snow. I love watching it fall from inside my home with a fire going and hot chocolate in hand, but driving in it is not for me.

  39. I love seasons, especially Utah seasons. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring!

  40. In my 20's I was in about 7 car accidents (I have actually lost count), only one of which I was actually driving the car.

  41. The only major car accident I have ever been was with my friend Kelly. He was driving and it was not his fault. However, his car didn't have a lap belt and so I fractured my sternum when I wrapped around the shoulder belt. The two funny things I remember from the accident are; 1) I looked at Kelly and he had blood running down his face. He didn't say anything about that or being hurt but he was mad that he got blood on his pants! 2) When the ambulance came they pulled us both out and put us on stretchers, but because it was raining they pulled the sheets up over our heads. We couldn't stop laughing as we kept saying that the people driving by probably thought we were dead!

  42. One of those accidents included rolling in a car three times. That was scary. Due to this I now have issues with my back.

  43. I collect board games. However, I only buy the ones that I like to play. I still need to get robo-rally!

  44. I love to scrapbook!

  45. I was the 6th grade chess champion! (Top that!)

  46. I hate to iron clothes and told Kev when we got married that if he needed things ironed he would have to do it himself.

  47. When I married Stace she told me that she would never do two things; 1) iron my clothes and 2) make my lunch. I kind of hurts now that she is making Madi's lunch! :(

  48. I am an avid reader.

  49. I am not a reader! If I am having troubles going to sleep all I have to do is pick up a book. Actually, the only time I can read now is on the train and I don't fall asleep then so I have actually been able to read some books here.

  50. I have three brothers and three sisters.

  51. I have one brother and three sisters.

  52. I never learned how to play the organ so I wouldn't have to play in sacrament meeting.
  53. I tried to teach myself how to play the piano. I can play a couple of songs. Stacy promised me that she would give me lessons (like 15 years ago!). Sorry, to be fair she started teaching me back home before we moved to Aussie land!
  54. I have had three c-sections. I got to watch the last one via a mirror. It was cool!
  55. I have watched three c-sections. Madz was stuck like an ostrich for about a minute and the doctor couldn't get her out. He had to get on the table and push on her chest to get her out.
  56. The doctors tried to flip Madi because she was breech - in pike position, feet by her ears - not a fun experience and didn't work. Basically there are two doctors, one on each side, pulling in opposite directions on your stomach to try to get the baby to move. I had bruises for days after and a few tears escaped and rolled down my face during the ordeal.
  57. When I was little I used to love to sit in the fireplace!
  58. Cooper's name is my maiden name. It took 8 months of convincing, but Kev finally agreed!! I love it!
  59. I liked the name Cooper but thought we were going to cause him trauma because he was Cooper and he would have a grandma and grandpa Cooper. I thought this would cause him mental issues for the rest of his life. "Seatbelt!" Need I say more?
  60. I do not swim very well - in fact I really don't like the water. I can remember being forced to jump off a high dive when I took swimming lessons as a child. I also don't like heights much - go figure. Due to this I want all of my children to learn how to swim like their father.
  61. I love the water and I love to swim. I like taking my kids swimming as well.
  62. I have walked on the Great Wall of China!! It was amazing!!
  63. I loved watching the kid pee on the great wall of China! It was amazing!!
  64. I have been to three Disneylands in the world; California, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. "The happiest place on earth!"
  65. I love to go to amusement parks!
  66. We went to Disneyland in California on our honeymoon!
  67. The car I always wanted was a Toyota 4Runner and I had one before moving here! I loved that car!
  68. I want to own a convertible VW bug someday. I would be the coolest grandma around don't you think?
  69. I am facinated with spiders but they scare the bajeebies (yes that is a word!) out of me when I first see them crawling by me!
  70. I am terrified of mice.
  71. I will try any food once.
  72. I love, love, love Halloween. Every year we throw a party for adults only. I think it is so much fun to dress up and be someone or something else for a night! As soon as one party is over I begin preparations for the next one. I even built my own coffin one year - I used power tools all by myself!! Still have it in storage - Kev has tried to throw it away so many times, but I am so proud of myself for building it that I won't let him.
  73. I love, love, love that Stacy loves Halloween so much! I have a lot of fun helping her plan her big Halloween party each year. It was a sad time for both of us this year when we didn't get to do it!
  74. I love country music.
  75. I love all kinds of music and I have "learned" to appreciate country music. My favorite type is alternative music though. My favorite band is the Cars and one of my all time favorite songs (I have a couple) is a song by Blind Melon called "No Rain".
  76. I love to sleep in - but don't get to much any more.
  77. When I was younger I always thought that when you got to be an adult you had to stop liking the music that you listened to and you had to start liking Classical music. I think it was because my dad always listened to classical music and I used to think to myself, "He couldn't have liked this stuff when he was a kid!" I think the day I realized that was not the case was when were listening to a Maria Carey song and he said, "Is this rap?"
  78. I have had gray hair since I was 16 years old. I have been dying my hair since college - no 20-year-old should have gray hair. I dye it at home because I am too cheap to pay someone to do it for me.
  79. Stacy has known me since she was 16! What does that mean with the gray hair then?
  80. I cut hair, okay really only Kev's, Cooper's and occasionally Madi's. When Kev and I first got married we were poor college students and needed to cut spending somewhere. We thought this would be a great place to start. Although I had never had any training Kev gave me a quick lesson on what he had seen people do when they cut his hair. I still can't believe he was so trusting. I have made many mistakes over the years. The most memorable was when I forgot to put the guard on the razor and started shaving the back of Kev's head. He yelped and I pulled away. He looked like a cougar had tried to scratch the back of his head. It took a few weeks to grow in - sorry Kev. Since then I have actually gotten pretty good at it. Cooper's hair is easy I just buzz it short. However, now that we are not poor college students I keep trying to get Kev to go get it done somewhere and he is to cheap to do that, so the hair cuts continue.
  81. I am cheap! And proud of it!
  82. I have seen "The Princess Bride" more times that I can count and know all of the words by heart. In fact sometimes I use them in normal conversation.
  83. I love to watch movies with Stacy! One of my new favorites is Transformers. We used to have date night where we each get to pick a move and the rule was that the other person could not say a thing about the other persons choice! I have seen some interesting chick flicks because of this rule! Too be fair, Stace has seen some classics like Tron and The Last Star Fighter.
  84. I have been known to have laughing spells where tears flow and I can't stop. I used to get sent to my room from the dinner table for laughing and spitting milk across the table. My brothers would egg me on. I would be fine and venture down the stairs only to see one of my brothers, start laughing again, and before being told turn around and go back up to my room.
  85. I love to make Stacy laugh when she is having one of her laughing spells! It is very entertaining!
  86. I love science - especially anatomy, physiology, and biology. I almost changed my major from Athletic Training to teaching science. I only had a year left and decided it would be too much work to change and more schooling. I sometimes wish I would have. The biggest deterrent was actually that I would have to take more chemistry and physics classes - I am not good at those branches of science. I actually fell in love with science in high school when I took Human Anatomy from Mr. Smith. It was awesome. AT BYU I even really enjoyed Gross Anatomy and working on cadavers.
  87. I love art and I am actually learning more about it right now on the train from work every day. I read on the way to work and draw on the way back. Hopefully some day I will be good!
  88. I took ballroom dance classes at BYU and was pretty good at it (don't mean to brag). I loved it and always thought I would marry a dancer - didn't happen.
  89. I love to travel! The main thing I love about it is the first time you visit a place you have never been before and experiencing the food and culture! I would love to visit every country in the world if that were possible.
  90. I also used to go country dancing every weekend at BYU! The guy friends that I went with loved to flip me around because I was so light. It was a blast. However.....refer to #88. I don't go dancing any more.
  91. I am afraid of sharks! Yes, I grew up in Utah with no ocean even close but I somehow developed this fear. Maybe I can blame it on my older siblings taking me to the movies with them. I am sure it was one of them that took me to see Jaws in 3D when it came out!
  92. I broke my arm when I was around 8 jumping on a trampoline. Due to the elbow shifting a bit I had to have two pins put in it. I still have those pins to this day.
  93. When I was younger my friends and I loved to ride our bikes off jumps! Once I tried to jump our cat Bosley and landed on top of him! I don't think I ever told my parents that one! Another time we stacked up 7 tires and put a board on them to create a jump. It looked like I was riding towards a wall when I started out. I did land the jump but I landed on my back tire and the force of the impact was so great that it bent my rim! This meant that as I rode I would bob up and down like a circus clown! I can't remember how I explained that one to my parents!
  94. Because I broke my arm on a trampoline I swore I would never own one. This didn't really happen when a 4 year old asked with her big brown eyes for one I gave in. However, I told Kev that it had to be in the ground so he was nice enough to dig a really big hole (His dad was nice enough to help! Thanks John!). Like I have said before he was too cheap to hire someone or even rent a machine - so he did the entire thing by hand. I have to admit I liked that because he got really buff for the month that it took to dig a big hole. If anyone needs any digging done Kev is the man! LOL!!
  95. When I was first trying to learn how to 'pop a wheely' one of the neighbor kids was trying to be my coach. He told me to use a crack in the sidewalk to help get started, pull up as hard as I could, and to not take my feet off the pedals! Needless to say that I was dumb enough to follow everything he told me to do to the T! I pulled up as hard as I could and didn't take my feet off the pedals even when I started going all the way backwards. I landed on my back and had a huge rash for the next week or two! Ouch!
  96. Now that I am in Australia I am on the computer daily. This wasn't the case back home - I would go days, sometimes weeks, without checking my e-mail. (I get more e-mail here so that is probably why I check it more often.) Every day I check my e-mail, my blog to see if there have been any comments (hint, hint, hint we love comments) or to post something, Facebook, and my gallery at scrapmatters.com. I have become quite the internet surfer - but I still don't know much about computers and they frustrate me when they don't work correctly.
  97. This is a gross, but kind of funny, story but Stace wants me to share. When I was a scout we went to one of those big scout jamborees. They had a large number of port-o-potties for all of the many boys and leaders that were there. One night when I was in one of them some kids came along and tipped me over. This wouldn't have been as bad but the 'potty' was full and they tipped me over onto the door so I couldn't get out. My best friend had to get help to tip it back up. Of course I was crying my eyes out when I got out and covered in a wonderful blue dye! To add insult to injury I remember stepping in a mud puddle on the way back and losing my shoe in the mud. Kev W had to fish it out for me. When I got back to camp my dad basically had to keep pouring jugs of water on me to clean me off (Thanks Dad!). I guess it wasn't that funny at the time but I can laugh about it now!
  98. Someday I would like to design my own digital scrapbooking stuff and give freebies away - still trying to figure out Photoshop.
  99. The people reading this blog know way too much about me!
  100. Last, but not least, I am a bit overly organized. I hate to play board games or card games and have the card piles get messed up. My brothers like to mess them up on purpose just to see how long it will take me to fix the piles - I have gotten good at not looking and resisting although it drives me crazy. I don't keep a lot of clutter and clean out my closet at least every six months. My kids have containers for everything and they know where things should go. I do things on the same day, i.e. laundry on Mon. and Tues., shopping on Tues., clean house on Wed and Sat, etc, I just like things orderly there is nothing wrong with that, right? Kev has done well adjusting to this - he isn't much of a scheduler himself. I guess I am a little OCD - but the first step is knowing you have a problem right?

Hope you have enjoyed getting to know us all better. Watch out all you bloggers - 100th post is a doozie. This has taken so much brain power from both of us and it is after midnight - we are exhausted! Cheers mate!!

3 comments:

Dera said...

Love the 100th post. I still have a long way to go. I will gear up for it. Just so you know there are some new pictures on the blog of the dogs.

Travis said...

Hey Kev, no need to wait to take a class for the pictures, I just started an online class, well I'm sure you can take a class too, but I know enough to get you on the road to better shots.Check it out here.
Travis

Mari said...

What a great 100th post!
Thanks for sharing!