Wednesday, December 12, 2007

GREAT CONVERSATION AND A GREAT MEAL!!!

We have some friends who happen to also live in Australia - the Jones family!! They moved to Adelaide a few years ago so they are seasoned veterans on all things Aussie. Jessy had to come to Sydney to present a paper at Sydney University and we were happy to let him sleep on the futon for a few nights. It was great to catch up. We laughed because we have actually seen him and his family more times in the past four months than we had for 5 years before that. It is so good to find friends that span the test of time! We are looking forward to the middle of January when we get to go to their neck of the woods for a visit!


For dinner on Monday night we went to this Korean/Japanese BBQ. It is a fun place. We have actually been there once before to try it out. Just like in Korea and Japan it is an all you can eat buffet. You walk over to the counter and pick all the raw meat and veggies you want and then you cook them on a hot plate right in front of you. Kev loves it because it reminds him of Japan - the missionaries loved places like this because they were about $10 for all you can eat. Unfortunately, the price is not that cheap here. This time around I tried wrapping everything in lettuce like you would in Korean (Travis and Wendy would be proud of me), it was tasty. I didn't try the kimchi though - I don't think that fermented cabbage is my cup of tea. I even tried a California sushi roll with seaweed around it - not my cup of tea either. Kev was shocked. He said we should move to another country more often because I have tried more things here than I ever did back home.
Cooper and Madi actually really enjoy dinner as well. They tried chicken, bacon, and bread with a bowl of rice (of course). However, they really just love the chocolate cake and the jello squares for dessert - as is obvious from Cooper's face in this picture.
It was a fun evening and great company!!

3 comments:

Travis said...

umm I LOVE Korean food! I think I need to make that for dinner this week. Mine is not as good as some at the restaurant...but Travis eats it, so it can't be that bad right?

Travis said...

Gotta love being able to cook your own meat. I wish we had a sensible place like that around here. It is only like $25 per person to eat something like that at the restaurants here. I could get a buffet in Korea for around $6.
Travis

Jones Fam said...

Thanks guys -- I had a great time with ya'll! Your family rocks! See you in a few weeks :)