Monday, December 10, 2007

"MOMMY, IT'S SNOWING!!!"



Sunday just as Church was ending a huge storm rolled in. We heard the thunder and then the world began look a bit white. It was hailing and they were the size of golf balls. Madi came running up to me, "Mommy, it's snowing!!!" You should have seen the look on her face - it was priceless. I had to burst her bubble and inform her that it was only hail. Everyone around us was smiling and laughing at our little exchange. One lady did tell Madi that this is as close as it gets to snow in Sydney. We stood in the foyer of the Church with the rest of the ward for half an hour waiting for the storm to pass. The kids, after watching patiently at the door, went out to pick up the hail stones and eat them. The ones in the picture are a bit smaller than those first golf ball sized ones. A friend of mine, Carmen, told me that Cooper was eating the hail stones. I think she thought I would mind and was a bit surprised when I told her that it was okay. She told me they were dirty and I said we eat snow all of the time. As long as it is not yellow it is okay. I don't think she agreed with my assessment. My friend Katrina came up and asked me if I had been praying for snow. I had to laugh and told her no, but my kids might have. After the storm the sun came out and it became hot and humid - something Kevin and I are having hard time getting used to.

No comments: