Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Kev's birthday fun!!!

Since you all have enjoyed Cooper's rendition of "Happy Birthday" I thought I would tell you what we did for Kev's birthday. After sleeping in a bit in the morning (me actually, not Kev) the kids wanted to give him his presents. Kev has always had a love for art and loves to draw and paint, but has not had time to pursue this passion. Therefore, for his presents along with the Spiderman 3 movie (thanks Jules), we gave him a canvas, paints, brushes, a sketch book, and a table easel. We then took it easy until church in the afternoon.

After church I made dinner, of course Kev got to pick his favorite meal - tacos. Since I had been feeling a bit sick during the week I sent Kev out with a list to get supplies for his b-day dinner. He brought back avocados, Tim Tams, and Ginger Beer as well. I was not too surprised by this!


Before dinner the kids helped me decorate the cake. Cooper made us all laugh when he poured his sprinkles in one spot. I had given each of the kids a small bowl full of sprinkles and Cooper's ended up in the top corner. (Kev let him eat that part - what a good daddy). I found candles but very few so you will notice there are only five on the cake. Madi told me I was wrong, in her "Madi way", and he was not younger than she was. I had to explain that there are three green candles for every decade and two yellows for the years. I then had to explain what a decade was. I was excited to find candles, but quickly realized that I did not have any way to light them. Kev was a good sport and pretended to blow them out for us! Madi made sure that he made a wish and kept it a secret.
All in all I think it was a great first birthday in Australia!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I can see some pretty striking similarities between our husbands! Painting Ginger beer guzzlers :o)