Wednesday, October 8, 2008

AMBLING THROUGH THE GARDEN AND THE STORY OF THE LOST SCRAPBOOK.

Today we headed over to Grandma Susan's and Grandpa John's house in order to find the elusive scrapbook that is hiding somewhere in their basement. Before the hunt began it was so nice we played outside for a bit.


Let me go back and tell you a little story. A few months ago I asked Susan (my mother-in-law) to find an old scrapbook that I had done when Kev and I got married. This scrapbook was the one that I had done to sit on the guest sign in table at our wedding reception. I didn't think it would be a hard job - and I was sure wrong. You see Kevin and I have a bedroom in the basement of his parent's house full of some of our stuff that we didn't need in Australia. I thought that there was a box of scrapbooks in the closet of that room and since everything is clearly labeled it wouldn't be hard to find. Well she informed me that it was not in the closet and then they looked through the boxes in the room and found one that had scrapbooks written on it and that particular scrapbook was not in the box.


So I went on the hunt earlier today. My father-in-law had been nice enough to move out some of the boxes so that I could read all of the labels and I went to work. Because it wasn't where I had thought it was supposed to be I began to look through every box thinking that I might have just put it somewhere unusual. Finally after going through all of the boxes and restacking everything up I looked one more time in the closet. The closet which Susan, John, and I had already looked in at least once each. After taking everything out of the closet on the very last box I found it!!!

Now you may be wondering why I was looking for the elusive scrapbook. I started a project months and months ago. Since it was our 10 year anniversary in August and since I have done nothing in the past with our wedding pictures I have decided to make a book. I have made digital pages and will send them off to a company that will bind them together and turn them into a real book. I am so excited. Well in this scrapbook are pictures of when Kevin and I were engaged plus a poem that he wrote for me on that day. I felt that the wedding book would not be complete without it. Also there are pictures of Kev shoving cake up my nose and my bridal pictures were in a little book in the same box. I am so excited to finish up my project and see it all bound up in a book that will last forever.

2 comments:

sirpa said...

Wow it's like summer there! Very different from us here at the north pole (I heard that a lot in Australia). Please, please post as many pictures of the valley with the mountains as you can, okay?

Kevin said...

Glad to hear that you finally found your book, I wonder who would have put it in that box? Must have been you! Ha ha.

Thanks for the pics. Good to see that Rylee is running Grandma around.