Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Go the Betch" - Check

I guess I have to be careful with that one don't I - Just make sure you pronounce it right! One of the things on Madz and Coop's list of things to do while mommy was away was to go to the beach. It was nice that we just happened to have plan a Elder's Quorum activity that was at the beach so I could kill two birds with one stone.

The day was actually quite a busy one. It started out with basketball (of course). While I was there Maryanne Baker came over and said that Emma wanted to know if Cooper and Madi could come over and play with them. Thanks Maryanne!

I have to stop here for a moment and say THANK YOU to all of the people that have helped me out while Stace has been away. I have had so many people help out, especially by taking Madz and Coop, that it has helped me to be able to get other things done that would not have otherwise. Thanks everyone!

Anyway, after I picked the kids up we headed off to the beach. It was a lot of fun and had a great turn out. Here are some pics from the good times at the beach (wish you were here Stace!).

I got to play cricket again! It was more just hitting the ball into the water and catching it but it was a lot of fun. Again, I learned that I am not that good with a Cricket bat!


I got to take Coop and his "Train Buddy" Ethan for a walk over to the pools and the rocks. They are funny kids. Here are their "Crazy faces."

Of course there is always a big hole that has to be dug when we go to the beach. This was the one today.

Madz and Coop
Looking for sea shells.


3 comments:

Stacy said...

They don't usually wear life jackets at the beach - why this time?

Looks like a lot of fun - wish I could have joined in. Glad you got to play cricket again!

Kevin said...

I asked if they wanted them and they said, "Yes!" It made it nice because they liked swimming in the pool with the life jackets on and even got to practice their "Big arms"!!!!!

sirpa said...

The saying "kill two birds with one stone" is slightly different in finnish. I didn't know the english equivalent before your post, so thanks, Kev! We say "to hit two flies at the same time". I think the english version is a bit more brutal...I don't think I'd like to use an expression involving stoning birds :-D