Friday, October 10, 2008

Say thee farewell...


Goodbye old friend, you will be ... enjoyed by Cooper! Yes you are now his!

Yes, I washed my phone. I have a pair of pants that has one of those knife pockets on the side of the leg. Well, my phone fit nicely in there and didn't come out very easy either. I guess that led to its demise. I forgot to take it out and Stace said, "I checked your pockets but didn't see it." Of course she did (check that is) but that is not a normal pocket to have things in so it got missed. It was totally my bad!

I called her from work and she found the phone in my pants hanging on the line -- dripping wet!

So I had to buy a new replacement. The funniest thing was that when I called to get my "free credit" for up-grading my phone the person asked why I got a new phone. When I told him that it went through the wash he just started laughing and said, "That's a rare one!"

Here's to the Optus man that actually laughed while working! Good on ya' mate!

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

K, that is awesomely funny!! The worst I've done is wash chapstick which melts all over everything...that sucks...but you definitely win!!

Stacy said...

Glad you hung it up and took a picture - you didn't show us your new phone though. Although knowing you it is probablly just a simple, no frills phone anyway. I know Cooper will enjoy having his very own yellow cell phone now!!

sirpa said...

In Finland I've heard a few people have swum with their mobile phones. You see, the water is so cold here, that you don't remove your clothes before swimming so a mobile phone is easily left in your pocket. I don't recall swimming with my phone but it has got wet, just don't remember how :-)