Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a week!

I could easily lie and say that this has been one of the easiest weeks in my life but I won't. I will succomb to the pressure and happily admit that I will never judge a single parent in my life (Not that I can say I have ever done that before though).

Friday night was not the best night in my life. I can't say that there was anything spectacular that happened that night or even that day -- it was more that it was just the end to a very long week.

I thought I would be nice and allow the kids to have a "sleep over" but that was a mistake because it just got to me more and more as the noise just kept going and going even after I asked repeatidly for them to calm down. Coop just wouldn't stop!

I finally lost it and told Coop that he couldn't sleep in the toy room anymore and started walking him to bed. He was so distraught that gave him an option of sitting on a chair for 5 min or sleeping in his bed. It wasn't until I saw him sitting on time out staring at the wall with his shoulders sunk and head held low that I realized how I had let my tiredness get the most of me and the worst part was that I didn't feel like I could change it. That is one feeling that I don't ever want to feel again.

Luckily for me the next day was Saturday. Some of you may know this and some of you may not but my weekly therapy comes through the form of Saturday morning basketball. I have been playing Saturday morning basketball for years (even before I was married). It is one of the few things that helps me releave my weekly stress, relax, and just detox! Not even Tuesday basketball comes close to Saturday mornings and I don't know if I could even explain the differences so that others would understand -- it is just my release. I know Stace gets tired of it sometimes but she is a great sport and allows me to continue.


After basketball we had to clean! I know Coop and Madz were so excited for that one. The hard part was that it was conference, but what do you do? When else did I have the time? You see, we have our house inspection this coming Wednesday and so we need to get the house ready for inspection. I knew that I wouldn't have any time Monday or Tuesday to get it all done so we had to do it on Saturday.

I was so proud of our two "littlies"! They even helped weed around the house, which did turn into more play but still they helped. Just to prove it to Stace that -- YES, Kevin did weed without you here! -- I have taken some pics just for her, to make her feel a little better about what they will see when they inspect.





Stace, do you even recognize the fence above?


Even thought I was just taking a picture of the back yard I caught proof for Stace that I did hang clothes up and I didn't just use the dryer every time!

No comments: