Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sunday dinners...

One thing I have missed terribly since moving to Australia is family dinners at my parent's house. I miss talking, eating, playing games, and laughing.
This time family dinner was special because not only were Rylee and I in town but so was my older sister Wendy and her family. I was so glad to see everyone. It was sad to me that Kev and the other two kiddos weren't there to see everyone though. My parents have actually moved since we left for Australia so this is the first time I have gotten to see their house as well. It has so much space for everyone. We were always so cramped in the old house. There is plenty of room in the kitchen and dining room, a playroom for the grandkids, and plenty of space for the adults to play games and just chit chat. I had forgotten just how loud and crazy dinner gets for a family get together - but I loved every minute of it and soaked it all in!! Here are a few pictures from Sunday dinner:

This is us watching the last session of General Conference - oh how I have missed watching it live in the comfort of my own home.
dinner time

Rylee coloring with the boys

Where did everyone go? She doesn't seem to mind that the boys left does she?

Rylee and Chelsea

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You didn't tell us what you had. I hope it was home made pizza!!! "Yummo!"

Stacy said...

Nope soup and homemade rolls. It was yummo (which BTW I think is an Aussie thing to say - you said you were wondering)