Sunday, October 5, 2008

SAFE AND SOUND....AND TIRED

Well as Kev said we are here in Utah safe and sound. Rylee fell asleep on the plane for an hour at the beginning and then something woke her up and she wouldn't go back to sleep for about five hours. Needless to say she only slept five hours on the 12 hour flight and was an exhausted baby when we landed. She was really good though and people next to us even commented to me about it on the plane. She slept on the short hour and a half flight from San Fran and it was all I could do to wake her up when we landed in SLC. When we got to SLC there was Grandma Susan and Grandpa John waiting for us - we were so excited to see familiar faces and even more excited to know that we had arrived finally. We spent a quiet evening at their house and tried to get a good night sleep. However Rylee keeps getting up between about 12:30 and 2:30 every night. She doesn't cry or anything just lays there and plays then I pick her up and let her lay by me it takes her a couple of hours to get to sleep. We are a little sleep deprived and I am hoping that she and I will adjust to the time change soon.

The day after our arrival I went to lunch with my mom and sisters - minus one who doesn't live here. It was fun to catch up and chat with the ladies!!! We also saw Sugar (our dog we gave to my nephew when we left)!!! Rylee didn't like her much right after she got licked the first time - she did like little Sadie (there other little poodle) though. We will have to go back so I can get some pictures - Rylee wouldn't let me leave her side so I didn't get any good ones.

Today we woke up and watched the first session of General Conference...love watching it on TV!!! Then we headed over to the Hutchinsons for dinner. There Rylee got to meet most of her cousins and play with her newest cousin (technically her 2nd cousin) who is only 2 months younger than her and was born only a few days after we moved to Australia. She did so well. I was worried about how she would react to all the new faces and people talking to her but she was fine and had a great time.

We have also met my little sisters baby for the first time. She is so precious! Got my new camera, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! Although I am still trying to figure it out.

2 comments:

Melissa Giles said...

I wish I could come visit! How long have you guys been in Austrailia now? I bet it is good to be home for a little while to visit.

Kevin said...

Madz said, "I like the pictures and I wish I were there! Love Madi"

Coop said, "I don't want to say anything! But I love you!"

Dad said, "Nice pics. Did you take them all with your new camera?"