Thursday, October 9, 2008

MAJESTIC MOUNTAINS

A big thing I have missed living in Sydney are the mountains. I still have no idea which direction I am going most of the time because there are no mountains to help me out. When flying into Utah I knew I was almost home when I could see the tops of my beloved mountains. I have always loved the mountains, the snow caps in the spring and fall, the colors changing for each season, hiking, camping, I could go on and on. I miss seeing them every time you walk out the door. It doesn't matter where you live in the Salt Lake Valley you can see the mountains from your home. So last night we went on a walk with Grandma Cooper and I took a few pictures. I needed the other lens on my camera - so I will go back down the nature trail to get some more pictures in a couple of days. (Hope you enjoy Kev - these are just for you!)

Look at all the snow on Timp - it's coming, winter is coming.

This last one is of the Oaker Mountains on the West side of the valley - couldn't leave them out either. All the others are the Wasatch Mountain range which goes along the east side.

No comments: